Friday, March 26, 2010

"Walk as children of the Light"

What does it mean to be a "child of God"?

What does it *really* mean?

.

God comes to us in the Sacrament of Baptism; His life is within us. We are called to live as "Children of the Light." Who is the Light? Jesus Christ.

The people who walked in darkness have seen a great Light.
(Isaiah)

.

.

And we are the children of that Light.

We, creatures of body and of soul, composed of two parts integral to our entire being - we are children of LIGHT.

The children of that Light who is also called the Mighty Counselor, the Father-Forever, the Prince of Peace, the King of Heaven and Earth.

We are children of the King.


.


We are princes and princesses in His kingdom


which will reign for all eternity.


.


As royal children,


we have the right to be treated with dignity and respect.


.


As royal children,we also have the responsibility


to be dignified, respectful and respectable.


.


As children of the Light,


we might be the only person who brings the Light to a soul lost in darkness.


.



We can cover the Light within us; we can never fully put it out. There are souls in Hell suffering, who have the same Light within them. They buried it so deeply within themselves that the love of God could not shine through them.

There are also those people whose fate is unknown. Who hide their light under a sense of false humility. Humiliating themselves to the point of humiliating the very Light that overcame Original Sin and opened the gates of Heaven for those who will only do as their command dictates: LIVE AS CHILDREN OF THE LIGHT.
I choose the Light. I choose to be a child of God. I choose to be His princess and to care for the people within His kingdom, including those who have not yet entered. I accept my responsibility. I refuse to destroy the goodness the Almighty God has placed within me.

  • I choose to speak and behave in a manner that is fitting for a princess in this kingdom.

  • I choose to dress modestly but beautifully - femininely. I do not wear clothing that could be considered a uniform or a costume for modest Christian living; these options are fine for others, but bring up too many hostile thoughts in the minds of those I wish to serve - the image some modest clothing conjures up is ugly and tainted.

  • I choose clothing and other accoutrements that befit my state in life - my state in life as a daughter of a king. I have dignity, with God's life within me.


.

Your body is a Temple of the Holy Spirit. Therefore treat it with dignity and respect. Be clean, but simple; dress your gender but modestly; wash and brush your hair; clean your nails; wear clean clothes, that have been properly cared for.

.


Have self-respect.



For you are a child of God.

You have royal blood running through your soul.


You have been chosen by God.


Maintain your dignity.


Love the Lord Your God who lives within you.

No comments:

Post a Comment