Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Homemade Hand-Soap

I have been asked a lot lately - now that I've finally found a homemade hand-soap I *really* like -
"Why do I make my own hand-soap when I can buy off-brand hand-soap for so cheap?"



Because it's even cheaper. And could be even cheaper than I do it now.

Because it's FUN! Just enough of a challenge - and a bit of danger (I start from scratch with oils/fats and lye).

Because of the trick of getting just the right essential oils to provide the benefits we want the fragrances we like. (Tea tree oil takes serious getting used to!).

Because I'm not paying for junk: triclosan, fillers, artificial colors, artificial fragrances, alcohol, added glycerin when the full-base soap is more moisturizing anyway, and who knows what else.

 

 

For right now, I am still using old pump bottles from Christmas/catechist/Easter/end-of-year-teacher gifts - when these wear out, I'll come up with a more creative solution.

 

 

My little corner of beauty and peace:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment