Friday, November 23, 2012

Yum - Pancakes and eggs

Made by the most beautiful boy alive!



Yummy eggs (once cooked fully ;) ). Our griddle requires a lid to be held over the eggs to cook the tops without cooking the centers - not a big deal, if not what I expected.



2 years ago I bought this HUGE bottle of syrup. Despite the fact that we use a LOT of syrup, we've not gone through it. Now, we still had 3 or 4 glass bottles (see left) to use up before we got started on the large bottle. Now I just wash out that glass bottle, transfer as needed from the large jug; and the large jug can be stored in the back of fridge out of harm's way. I have read about concerns about the age of the syrup - but if you keep it air- and moisture-tight, nothing has a chance to grow on it because of the relatively low water content. AND if something does grow on it, you can scoop it off and the rest is untouched. I've not had to do that with this syrup - but with other things in that past I didn't care for properly ;)

These pancakes turned out a bit thicker than usual. Probably because of the powdered milk rather than liquid (and usually raw) milk we usually use - but he added a bit more liquid, so I don't know.

In any case, breakfast was QUITE delicious! All I had to do was keep things cleaned up so our kitchen can stay consistently tidy. And he still made it to class on time that morning ;)

Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment